Between basement carpet, bad nights of sleep, general sinus issues, and currently an annoying case of writer's block, I think I need a 5 things list!
1. Sunshine, and the approach of warm weather. I appreciate New England winters. I have a soft, warm spot in my heart for New England falls. I wish New England had more spring. But I LOVE summer. May it come early this year!
2. iPod. My appreciation for this little machine increases over time as I discover how much easier constant streams of music make my life - chores go faster, writing goes better, and I'm happier.
3. Changing clothes over for the season. I recognize that most of my mom-friends despite this task, but I love the chance to switch out last season's clothes (for the kids, that is) for next season's. I do it in dribs and drabs over the season change, so ideally they always have a good balance for whatever time of year it is.
4. Bulbs! I have little sprouts all over the place where the bulbs I planted last fall are coming up. In the gardening roster, bulbs are my absolute favorite, followed by herbs and berries.
5. Fans. I've been writing and posting fan fiction recently - my first foray into such a thing - and really like it whenever I discover someone has favorited or reviewed my story. (And since the site is filled with amateur writers, the feedback is almost always entirely positive. Not constructive, perhaps, but good for the fledgling ego!)
No comments:
Post a Comment