Wednesday, March 24, 2010

bad laptop habits

Somehow or another, since we got back from Florida in January, I have not been able to get back into the habit of using my desk. My computer pretty much lives at the kitchen table, which really bothers me, although the rest of the family hasn't seemed to mind. Or they just haven't said anything.

I keep trying to put it back, and it keeps drifting back out to the kitchen again ... not entirely sure why that is, since I'd kicked the laptop at the kitchen table habit. Or I thought I had. Of course, my desk has been covered in piles of things that I'm getting through very slowly, so maybe that's the problem. I suppose also it is easier to feel like I'm in the midst of things going on around the house if I have the laptop on the kitchen table - easier to write while simultaneously keeping an eye on the kids.

Still, though, it's a habit that needs to be worked on - if only to keep a rein on all the papers that keep collecting around my laptop!

No comments: