We're in the midst of the first week back from vacation, and it's cold and I'm back to having to get up and put the boys on the bus every morning. (I know, I'm supposed to be complaining less ... and I am, but that doesn't necessarily mean that I'm going to enjoy mornings and standing out in the cold.)
1. My shrinking TBR shelf. When I reorged the books on New Year's Day this year, there were only 112 on my TBR shelf, down from 183 last year and 200-something the year before. (It's more impressive when you consider all the rereading I do and the fact that new books do get added fairly regularly.)
2. Coffee. (Shocking!)
3. Snuggly children. Maybe it's the cold, but all three have been extra-snuggly the last few days.
4. Long playdates. Charles spent almost 4 hours at his friend's house yesterday, and the mom said they played together really well. Love to hear that and have my kids really making friends. Veronica's teacher also remarked on how V. and her two little friends in school are such a great unit.
5. Quiet days with nothing scheduled. Love to be able to arrange my time without having to worry about where to be and going out and about. What can I say, I'm a homebody at heart.
No comments:
Post a Comment