My first "happy" day of 2009! It's pretty cold outside (although not as cold as it will be a few days from now) and the endless array of white is starting to look boring.
1. It's already mid-January. This month - my least favorite part of winter - is already half gone, and it hasn't been bad so far. Then February (birthday month!) will be here, and from there it's just a hop, skip, and a jump till spring.
2. Good neighbors. I admit that I don't like to feel beholden for other people's help, but I'm glad to have nice neighbors surrounding us who can be called on for help and guidance.
2a. The community feel. We've only been here a little over a year, and already I feel much more connected and welcomed than I ever did in eight years on Goat Hill.
3. Good schools. The elementary school my oldest is attending (to which all three will go eventually) is a really fine school. It's got a warm and welcoming ambience, as exemplified by the principal's knowledge of and interest in each of her students, and the teachers are focused both on academic excellence and on the emotional health and well-being of their students (well, at least the teacher we have this year - I suspect they don't all manage to excel in both areas. Human nature and all that.). It's a wonderful combination.
4. My kids getting older. Their advancing levels of self-sufficiency are such a help, and I find them more and more interesting all the time.
5. American Idol! (Had to.) I'm less excited than usual, but optimistic, and certainly looking forward to it!
1. It's already mid-January. This month - my least favorite part of winter - is already half gone, and it hasn't been bad so far. Then February (birthday month!) will be here, and from there it's just a hop, skip, and a jump till spring.
2. Good neighbors. I admit that I don't like to feel beholden for other people's help, but I'm glad to have nice neighbors surrounding us who can be called on for help and guidance.
2a. The community feel. We've only been here a little over a year, and already I feel much more connected and welcomed than I ever did in eight years on Goat Hill.
3. Good schools. The elementary school my oldest is attending (to which all three will go eventually) is a really fine school. It's got a warm and welcoming ambience, as exemplified by the principal's knowledge of and interest in each of her students, and the teachers are focused both on academic excellence and on the emotional health and well-being of their students (well, at least the teacher we have this year - I suspect they don't all manage to excel in both areas. Human nature and all that.). It's a wonderful combination.
4. My kids getting older. Their advancing levels of self-sufficiency are such a help, and I find them more and more interesting all the time.
5. American Idol! (Had to.) I'm less excited than usual, but optimistic, and certainly looking forward to it!
No comments:
Post a Comment