No, I'm not all that interested in the meanings of my dreams. I noticed a long time ago that my dreams tend to be too chaotic to have much actual meaning - I assume they're mostly the flotsam and jetsam of my subconscious.
I remember when I was younger, I used to go in cycles - I'd have a week or so of no noticeable dreams, a week or so of knowing that I had dreamt but being unable to remember them, and a week or so of vivid dreams that I could remember. (I always wondered if they were somehow tied to my hormonal cycle, but never noticed a correlation.) I used to most look forward to the part where I remembered my dreams. It just seemed most interesting.
These days, there isn't an obvious dream cycle like I used to have ... and I find myself resenting the nights that I'm aware of my dreams, whether I remember them or not. It's noticeable to me that any morning I wake up aware of having dreamt, I'm far less rested. I can tell when my brain hasn't fully shut off. And frankly, the vast majority of my dreams aren't worth losing sleep over!
I remember when I was younger, I used to go in cycles - I'd have a week or so of no noticeable dreams, a week or so of knowing that I had dreamt but being unable to remember them, and a week or so of vivid dreams that I could remember. (I always wondered if they were somehow tied to my hormonal cycle, but never noticed a correlation.) I used to most look forward to the part where I remembered my dreams. It just seemed most interesting.
These days, there isn't an obvious dream cycle like I used to have ... and I find myself resenting the nights that I'm aware of my dreams, whether I remember them or not. It's noticeable to me that any morning I wake up aware of having dreamt, I'm far less rested. I can tell when my brain hasn't fully shut off. And frankly, the vast majority of my dreams aren't worth losing sleep over!
No comments:
Post a Comment